This Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal is a satisfying breakfast to start your morning to feel full and energized all day!
2 tablespoons flax meal + 5 tablespoons water
2½ cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup peanut butter, plus more for drizzling
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup applesauce
1¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease or spray a 7×13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flax meal and water. Let sit in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- In the bowl with the flax eggs, add peanut butter, vanilla, applesauce, milk, maple syrup, and dark chocolate, if using. Stir to combine.
- visit Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal @ emilieeats.com for next step.
To freeze, divide the baked oatmeal into desired serving sizes. Place each piece in a freezer-safe zip bag or plastic container; place in the freezer.
Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat.