The classic combination of chocolate and peppermint make these Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies the perfect treat for the holidays!
Servings 36 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa sifted
1/4 cup black cocoa powder sifted*
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light-brown sugar packed
2 large eggs room temperature
1 tsp peppermint extract optional
1 bag Bright White Candy Melts or white chocolate, melted**
crushed candy canes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powders, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars on med-high until light and fluffy (approx. 2-3mins). Reduce speed and add egg and peppermint extract. Beat until well combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Visit Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies @ livforcake.com for full instructions.
* If you don’t have black cocoa, you can substitute Dutch-processed or regular cocoa. The cookies won’t be as dark though.
** Read this post for details on how to best melt candy melts