2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into pieces
¼ cup creamy almond butter
1 cup sweet potato mash/puree*
½ cup organic coconut palm sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao
1 tbsp organic coconut flour
½ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp fine grain sea salt
½ cup dark chocolate chips**
- Have all your ingredients at room temperature, measured and ready to go before beginning. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a square 8″ baking pan with parchment paper***
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt together the unsweetened baking chocolate and almond butter, stirring, until smooth, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the sweet potato puree, coconut sugar, and vanilla and beat well. Then, beat in the egg and egg yolk until creamy.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the cocoa powder or cacao, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet (still in the saucepan) until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Finally, stir in the dark chocolate chips. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan using a rubber spatula to scrape all the brownie batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, being careful not to overbake. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan completely (2 hours) before cutting into squares and serving.
- Optional – make a drizzle with ¼ cup dark chocolate morsels and 1 tbsp coconut butter and microwave in a small bowl to melt, then drizzle over the brownies to serve. Enjoy!
*I baked a sweet potato the day before making these and scooped out the inside, you can do this, or you can use canned organic sweet potato puree.
**I love Enjoy Life brand dark chocolate morsels for a soy free, dairy free option.
***I used this 8″ metal cake pan – metal is preferable to glass for best results.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Triple Chocolate Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies @ paleorunningmomma.com