16 ounces linguine
(1) 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
(1) 8 oz container vegetable stock
2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce (plus more for serving)
1 large (or two small) red onion, thinly sliced
8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
2 sprigs cilantro, plus extra for garnish
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup Full-Fat Greek yogurt (optional, makes it creamy)
Limes, for serving
- In a VERY large pot (preferably heavy bottomed) combine linguini, tomatoes, stock, hot sauce, onion, garlic, red and green peppers, red-pepper flakes, cilantro, oil, salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano, pepper, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently, until pasta is cooked and the sauce has nearly evaporated, about 11 minutes. It may look like a lot of sauce when you remove the pan from heat, but trust me, it will soak into the pasta! Remove cilantro sprigs if visible. Stir in the greek yogurt.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime for squeezing. Serve at once!
A note on serving size:
I typically can get 6 decent sized portions out of this recipe if I’m serving it with a small side salad. If you plan to serve this as the main dish with nothing else, I would say this will serve 4.
Original recipe and Nutrition Facts visit: One-Pan Veggie Fajita Pasta @ bakerbynature.com