½ cup coconut flour (56g)
¼ cup almond flour (25g)
2 teaspoons grain free baking powder* (7g)
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (59g)
13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk (400ml)
½ cup honey (125g)
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (10ml)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line an 8×8 inch square baking sheet with parchment paper -this is done so you can easily “lift” the cake out.
- Sift coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder into the bowl of your stand mixer (or large mixing bowl). Mix your dry ingredients until they are all combined.
- Place coconut milk, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract inside your blender. Blend on low speed for 10-15 seconds until all ingredients are throughly combined.
- With your stand mixer on low speed, slowly pour wet ingredients into dry. Mix just enough for everything to combine. Stop the mixer once or so to make sure there are no dry ingredients left at the bottom. Do not over-mix the batter. It should look like chocolate mouse.
- Pour chocolate batter evenly into your lined pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes prior to transferring it to a cooling rack.
- To store, refrigerate for up to a week.
If you are not on a grain free diet and can eat corn, use regular baking powder. Otherwise, check out the recipe below on how to make your own.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: CHOCOLATE CAKE @ laurafuentes.com