2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup applesauce (homemade or chunky style is best)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar (add more if needed to thicken)
1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease loaf pan. I used a 9.25 by 5.25 by 2.75 inch metal nonstick loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix by hand flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients by hand until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and whisk together the powdered sugar and applesauce for the glaze.
- When the bread has cooled for just a bit, pour the glaze over the top. It will settle into the cracks and keep the bread moist. The glaze will set, but will remain slightly sticky.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Glazed Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread @ lovelylittlekitchen.com