1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- Note: this dough requires chilling.
- Place butter and baking chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on high power in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 90 seconds). Stir in sugar.
- Add cocoa, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Stir, then stir in egg. Slowly stir in flour until just combined (batter will be thick) and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough 2” apart onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly press cookies with the palm of your hand to slightly flatten, then bake for about 10 minutes, or until most of the sheen is gone. Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Fudgy Brownie Cookies @ crazyforcrust.com